Thursday, April 23, 2009

the man who can't be moved

I am a very patient person. When I want to be. Which is most of the times.
Seriously. I consider myself as kind, even. I can't even say no to others sometimes. If I absolutely have to, I will deliver it in a way that wouldn't hurt their feelings. Because I tend to put myself in their position, so I know I have to be careful with what I'm saying or doing.

This morning, I wanted to smash people's heads through the glass windows and let them dangle until the next train comes up.

This was not a good morning start for me. Here is what I do every morning, just so you understand the point of my morning madness: I wake up at five-fifteen on the dot, take a bath, get dressed and stuff, and leave for the station at six-twenty. Train leaves at six-forty, arrives at Sudirman on ten past seven, and I continue my walking journey to the office. Every morning, I arrive on the doorstep of B-M exactly at seven-twenty five.
If you know me really well, you'd know that the one thing I hate the most is change of plans. Being uncoordinated, unorganized, just a tick of minute late- I hate that. It ruins my schedule. My best friends know that all too well, and that issue has caused many arguments between me and nugi as well.
Don't worry, you're not the only one; everyone thinks I'm insane.
Anyways.
It all began this morning at the station, where was an announcement over the speakers: that most parts of the Sudirman train's AC has broken and we would appreciate if it the dear passengers look out for themselves and for each other as well, sorry for the inconvenience, bla bla bla. So the train came along..
and it was packed like hell. Turns out that the AC has broken down in coach 1 and 2 only, so everyone rushed to coach 5 and 6, where I'm usually at. Darn it. It was so jam-packed with people, though thankfully no body odor emergency, but I was feeling rather sleepy today so I expected an empty seat. Yeah right- I couldn't even see the people sitting because of bodies blocking my view, let alone secure a free seat.
So I just took a deep breath and forced myself between all those people, clutching tight to my bags, looking around for an unoccupied handle bar for me to hold on. Thankfully, there was one in my left so I gripped tight as if my life depended on it. During the first few minutes people were rocking from side to side and I was so annoyed, I couldn't do anything. I just looked over a man's shoulder (he was the one I told you about that looked like Monster Inc's vicious snake) and read the newspaper he was holding. Free news, anyone?
And then, the train stopped at the first station and let a few people off. Phew, I thought, now I can move more freely. I shuffled to the left and finally could have a little space of my own. It was still packed, though. Women were still forced to lean against the doors and else. When I looked to my right, that was the second strike in my morning madness.
There was this middle-aged guy who held on to two handle bars, all for himself. I mean, dude, can't you take a look around and see how many people needed to hold on to that? Some were even gripping the rails in the overhead 'cabin' for safety and here he was, completely healthy, completely well and completely idiotic, hanging on to two.
I hate people like that.
I had a plan in my head like a lightbulb going off. I was in a bad mood, remember, so I wasn't in the mood to just stand around doing nothing. So what I did was, I shoved him on purpose.
Haha.
Well not very hard, of course. I did it subtly. I intentionally moved noisily and shoved left and right like a brat, knocking him forward and making him squirm uncomfortably. Was he annoyed? Yes. So what did it mean?
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
I wanted to slap the back of his head, seriously.
Anyways, I got off the train (it was delayed, too, so grrrrr) and when I looked at my watch, it was already seven-twenty. I should be in the office by then! So I speed-walked out of the station, through the throng of people, when suddenly I was walking behind a very, very, very....slow...woman.
Strike three.
If it was an old woman, trust me, I'd understand. But all i could see from behind was her long, butt-length hair, jeans and shirt, which meant she was young and healthy and completely normal. She was walking so slowly as if on a runway, seriously. She was strutting left and right, swaying a little.
I was so pissed off. I imagined that maybe , seen from the front, she was a man in disguise, like those Thailand transvestites, where the women look handsome and the men look so pretty. I finally rushed past her and when I walked near the bridge, there was another woman -this time older- walking so frustratingly slow, enjoyin the scenery in her left and right.
Let me tell you something.
One, there is a certain reason why we take the 6.40 train. We did not wake up at five a.m. everyday to enjoy sceneries and breathe the city's fresh air. Now, I don't know how you do it in Thailand but in here, we try to get in before our office hour.
Two, you wanna go on a tour? Charter a damn bus.
I finally arrived at the office at 7.36 ish, almost fifteen minutes later than my planned daily schedule.
I'd better get some Richeese or someone's gonna get their head bit off today.
Speaking of biting people's heads off, I have less and less motivation for this leadership project. The team's getting on my nerves.
Oh, on a friendlier note, I love that song-the title of this post. It's performed by The Scripts and me and Illa are going nuts over the lyrics currently. Google it and you'll see why :)

I'll post later- gotta do something.
I hope your morning's a lot better than mine.

1 comment:

Peds said...

The Man Who Can't Be Moved udah ada di karaoke loh loh loh.