Wednesday, April 22, 2009

a bright and early post

Hi. I have done my tasks before deadline and officially became a geek. And incredibly proud of it.
There is a black cat hanging out around my house, ever since we moved in. =S
If I'm not mistaken, even my mom or my sis thought they'd seen it inside the house one time but turned out there was nothing there. Creepy.
Anyways, I can't wait until January 2010 =P I really really hope everything will work out the way we plan it, aminnnnnn. Because there's a good quote from a book I read years ago and stuck by me all these times: "You wanna make God laugh? Make a plan."
The book was called Changing Emma or something, about a skeptical family who won a million-pounds lottery. I think the quote is telling us that humans should never expect anything because things so very rarely go the way we plan it.
Nice.
Well, I've had enough with expectations anyway. I've learned that we could hope, but we shouldn't expect. Do you know the difference? You know, like keeping your head up but your feet still planted on the ground.
My current read: Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet In Heaven. Hahaha.
I don't know why I'm laughing, really. It's just that so many people say their lives and their point of views changed from reading it. Of course I am not underestimating Mitch's masterpieces-who the heck am I, right. But I just thought that the book was so philosophical so I never cared enough to read it, let alone buy one.
But last week, I did. And I have to say, the first page already gripped me.
I won't spoil the story, I'm pretty sure most of you have read it by now anyways, and I've only reached the beginning so I can't really say anything but I can tell you this: it is a book of quotes. Not cheesy one-liners, but deep quotes that require you to read the sentence twice of three times in order to really understand it and go "oooooooh." And then you automatically relate it to your own personal experience and your eyes widen and for the second time in five seconds you say "oooooooh," now you get it.
Anyways. Today is Earth Day, right? I am all about supporting the environment, really, and I wanna do more than just joining a group on Facebook. It is kinda sad that nobody gives a flying rat about global warming, don't you think? I mean sure, you are all about protesting against it but what are you doing in actions, really? The May edition of TeenVogue has an article about how to help by doing the simplest things. Things you can do at home, at school, at work, while shopping, and else. It's pretty good and useful. :)

No comments: