Friday, March 20, 2009

killing time

I wonder what cats are thinking.
Don't you?
I cruised by a thoughtful-looking cat on my way to the train station this morning. The black little fella was looking up at a front gate of a big house, just staring up very seriously. Probably wondering how the heck he could jump inside.
And then I passed another stray kitty just standing by the road, looking forlorn yet also thoughtful, staring at the asphalt and people passing by. Hmm. What are they thinking of right that second?
So the movie version of Confession of a Shopaholic finally hit the town. But, to much dismay, though it doesn't surprise me, a lot of ABG Jakarta are now apparently comparing themselves to Becky Bloomwood. Facebook status are a-changin', shamefully saying that 'Confessions of Shopaholic: Gue Banget!'
Hmm. Really? You spent almost a thousand Euros for a bag? You take daily trips to Paris and Milan with your best friend just because you want to buy coats? Your honeymoon trip is traveling around the world with your hubby? You max out your credit cards just to get a pair of shoes, really?
I mean, wow. That's scrumptious.
Did you even read the series before you decide that the movie is so completely you?
Tsk-tsk. This is the problem with teenagers in Jakarta. Does anyone feel or think the same way? Maybe I'm just being uncharacteristically bitter. I need breakfast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once, a cat defiantly said to my cousin, "ape loooo!!"

...Percaya gak sih Nda? I thought maybe it'd help you with your cat-wondering.

More abg-trashing dong.