Sunday, March 15, 2009

the calm after the storm

These are the things I hate the most:
1. Unsweetened ice tea
2. Having nothing to do
3. Waiting.
4. Lies.
5. People who lie
6. People who make me wait
7. People who dare serve me unsweetened ice tea
8.Uncertain conditions
9. People who are norak (e.g. dressed in fashion's trendiest lines but sadly it doesn't go with their looks, physically)
10. People who go after someone else's boyfriend
11. Waiting.
12. People who don't give a damn about others.
13. People who make me wait.


Do you get the point?
Do you see a pattern there?
I don't like waiting. For anything, or anyone. I don't like waiting for a class to start or finish. I don't like waiting for my friends to show up (sorry people, hahah, but it's the truth.) I don't like waiting in a line at the bank, I don't like waiting for my text to be replied. I don't like waiting for the lights to be on after a blackout.
I. don't. like. to.wait.

Therefore, I think the people who make others wait are cruel and ruthless, in any case. I like everything to be certain, around me. I don't like guessing "Now what?" "What should I do?" but the ONE thing I hate the most, is the one question in this world that revolves around us.
"What if?"
I don't think anyone should be confused about that question above. You don't go around walking in life thinking "What if I took that job last month--I would've been able to earn more money and buy that sports car right about now."
"What if I hadn't taken the shortcut- I wouldn't be stuck in the traffic right now."
You know what, you made a decision. You shouldn't regret yourself over it and you know what else, you can't change it. Asking What Ifs does nothing to change your life.
Asking What Ifs also turn your world upside down because suddenly, you don't know where you stand. Suddenly everything around you is uncertain. Suddenly, there's nothing you can do but wait for the situation to calm down so you can take control again.
Which is why I hate waiting.
I don't like to be controlled - by a situation. I want to be able to control it instead. I want to appear cool, calm, collected, cautious.
The truth is, I am not feeling good. I feel like there's something wrong with the environment, the peers, the cirlces I'm involved with, though I don't know what.
I don't like uncertainty.
I don't like to guess around in the dark. I want everything to be clear. The simplest example is, when you tell me that you like the cookies I make (haha, weird example) , be specific with what kind that you like. Which of those cookies are really your favorites? Do you like the oatmeal cookies, choco chip cookies, devil's food, brownies, sugar cookies--what ? And after you praise my cooking, for example, then what do you expect me to do? Do you want me to make you another batch? Are you just giving compliments then you go? Should I prepare another tray of moist warm cakes without consulting you first, because you know that I know that we know each other so well; I don't have to consult with you first.
What?
What?
Wait. I'm kinda hungry.
This is a wrong set of example, darn. My tummy is grumbling.
Now my head is filled with images of moist chocolatey cakes with fudge, just out of the oven, freshly-baked with the scent wafting in the air. Mmmm.
Well anyway.
Seriously, people should finish their own sentences. People shouldn't keep other people in the dark. When you compliment me, or when you criticize me like hell, or when you list the things you don't like about being friends with me, for example, then for God's sake, don't disappear afterwards. You have to finish saying what you started so other people don't have to go around guessing in the dark.
You have to be responsible for each and every words you say. You know that.



Woohoo. I don't think anyone understands this post but me. =S
I'm sorry, just letting out steam. I don't like this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nda, dapat salam dr meredith grey. Katanya "The truth is painful. Deep down, nobody wants to hear it, especially when it hits close to home. Sometimes we tell the truth because the truth is all we have to give. Sometimes we tell the truth because we need to say it out loud to hear it for ourselves. And sometimes we tell the truth because we just can’t help ourselves. Sometimes, we tell them because we owe them at least that much."

Lo membuat gue semakin kepingin bikin blog deh

Nda, ati2 gue bakal rutin mampir kesini. xoxo♥

Anonymous said...

ahahaha dr. Grey, you have no idea.
haha.
nad, gue takut ah kalo lo yg main2 kesini trus.... haha seriusan.