Friday, April 3, 2009

trendy train trends

I don't feel good and I wanna go home. =(
My tummy hurts like hell and my throat is really scratchy aaargghhhh. I hate being sick. Hey I started a breakfast trend today at mmy beloved morning train. I sat there just staring out the window and suddenly I felt really hungry so I reached for my bread and began chewing hungrily.
And then people began staring at me like I'm some kind of a snotty little kid.
(I did have a runny nose due to my flu, but hey! That wasn't intentional.)
So I stared right back at them and kept on chewing and chewing, I mean, there's no rule that says I can't eat at the train, right ? So I kept enjoying my bread.
And just like that, one by one, three other people began to shyly let out their wrappers and boxes and nibbled at their breakfast.
Ha!
Anyway. Is it just me, or this year's presidential election is still not effective enough? I mean, when people ask me who I'm gonna vote for on April 9th, I still have no idea. And from what I have learned, when your customers cannot recall your brand, you're destined for damnation. If you ask me hey what's your favorite shampoo? I wouldn't hesitate to say Herbal Essences because I like its scent and what it does to my hair.
Now, I can't say I care enough about how Prabowo or SBY smells and what they do to my hair, but at the very least I can recall what party they're from, what's the symbol, what's their message and their campaigns.
And I can't. So it's either my fault for being such an ignorant wuss, or Indonesia's future leaders still don't know how to 'market' themselves.
I believe it's the later option. Because it's not my fault I'm being ignorant; hey, if you're good, you will reach your whole audience even the ignorant ones. That's your target. So don't blame me,, all right, I might not have a high level of nationalism but I still care and I want to be reached. So there. That's your job, candidates.
Hey new member of train gang: BB Kings. Two middle-aged men always hovering and typing their BlackBerries away. Their conversation types would be:

BB King 1: ...too many fake Bolds nowadays.
BB King 2: yeah but you can just look under the batteries to find the authentic PIN numbers.
BB King 1: I'm thinking of Storm.
BB King 2: yeah they're good. Bold's still good though. This Curve is getting boring and stale compared to Storm.

..and they go ooon and oooon and oooon. They were there yesterday and today as well.
I have to get back to work, I will update later peoples! And hey, happy weekend-ing! =)

No comments: