Thursday, April 30, 2009

g'day then mate! :D

There was a newscaster in my train yesterday.
I can't even begin to tell you how weird it was- I was dying from laughter on the inside. The woman wore a uniform, carried a mic and just started reading political and finance news out of the blue, greeting the passengers as the new ones hopped on and said goodbye to those who stepped down.
But hey, gotta appreciate the courage and efforts, right?
;)
So guess what, I found one of my wishlist books yesterday, yay!! In case you didn't notice, you ignoramus, I made a wishlist there in the left part of this blog and I found The Mysterious Benedict Society, hooray! And I didn't find it actually-my sister did. Yayyy :*
I only read the first few pages but I like it already :D Again, if you know me well enough, I might even lend you the book.
By the way, something kinda funny happened today. Remember how I've been craving for a culinary school? On the train this morning I chatted with Nice Old Fella and oh so suddenly he talked about his nephew, who was studying hospitlaity & culinary in Australia.
Talk about fate. Or something.
So he went on, cheerily talking about how proud he is of his nephew while I listened in envy with my jaw on the floor. So turned out that the nephew's only like 18 and he enrolled in New South Wales's Le Cordon Bleu. I finally told Nice Old Fella about how much I've been dreaming of it and he said, wisely, that I should just pursue it because of my youth and that I have my whole life ahead of me. He told me that now that nephew of his could serve pastries of all kinds at family gatherings and how he was recruited with a few good hotels in Aussie so he doesn't wanna go back here. Lucky little feces.
So of course, being me, I googled the school and, well, I'm hooked. I'm completely, utterly hooked by Le Cordon Bleu and not only because of their prestiges and collaborations, but by their course subjects. Check this out:

Le Cordon Bleu Professional Culinary Management Program

The focus of the Professional Culinary Management or the
Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme Avançé de Gestion Culinaire is specifically geared to the international culinary industry. For those wishing to succeed within it, the knowledge and skills embedded in the Advanced Diploma complement the passion, drive and commitment required to reach the top professionally.
This innovative Le Cordon Bleu two years & three months (2.3 years) culinary management Advanced Diploma offers comprehensive training in either Cuisine or Pâtisserie. Underpinned with 12 months of academic studies in the fundamentals of front line management, this course is considered a world leader in culinary education.
The Professional Culinary Management Program builds on successful completion of the Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme Program / Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery or Pâtisserie).


or


Sydney Campus - Le Cordon Bleu Diplôme de Pâtisserie

Description: A vigorous and exciting course, the Le Cordon Bleu Diplome de Patisserie encompasses Le Cordon Bleu's Basic, Intermediate and Superior Patisserie courses, allowing students to master the techniques of classic patisserie while being introduced to all aspects of the kitchen.
The course progressively teaches the student to prepare a wide selection of cakes served in restaurants, patisserie shops and tearooms, through to classic and contemporary French desserts using advanced techniques in chocolate and sugar work.

Please be aware from our July intake the course will be 1.3years in length as the Superior Cuisine has a 6month work experience component attached.

Prerequisites : Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of course commencement
School leaver- Satisfactory completion of Year 11 is required or equivalent interstate/overseas secondary education.
International entry- Minimum of General IELTS 5.5 with no band score below 5 or recommendation for direct entry from a Le Cordon Bleu recognised English language provider.

All dates are in the format 'mm/dd/yyyy'

07/16/2009 - 04/21/2010

Tuition: AUD 25,000.00
Courses that make up this diploma :

Basic Patisserie: 2009 - Term 3 - Session 1 (07/16/2009 - 09/26/2009)Intermediate Patisserie: 2009 - Term 4 - Session 1 (10/06/2009 - 12/16/2009)
Superior Patisserie: 2010 - Term 1 - Session 1 (01/26/2010 - 04/21/2010)

I have died and gone to culinary heaven.
Getting a diploma on patisseries!??! Are you kidding me????? I highlighted the most appealing things to me , as you can see.
It's AUD 25,000 for 9 months- which bank do you think I should visit with a rifle gun and an empty sack? But that 9 months extended into 1,3 yrs during July intake because there's a 6-months work experience, it said. And from what I've browsed around the website, it is a paid work experience. Wow.
God I want this. I want the second one more. I almost never wanted anything so bad- I mean, academically. I don't know why but I have a feeling I could do it, one day.
Somehow.
Amin.
I hate it when people say "well you don't always have to get what you want, right?" I think that's a pathetic way of thinking. Of course I have to get what I want, as long as it's for a good cause - that's part of the reason why I live! That's part of the excitement, the challenge of life. (Maybe you won't know that because you're such a boring person. Boo.)

Credits for http://www.cordonbleu.edu/, by the way.
I will not be able to stop talking about this, so be prepared. This is me all worked up, me in love; this is me when I'm too obsessed with something.
I WANT TO GO THERE !!!

No comments: