Sunday, November 6, 2016

The small voice among the chatter

"I suppose it's when he bought me soup when I was sick in bed..."

"How sweet! For me it's when he drives me around to make sure I go to my meetings in time, even when he's not feeling well."


"No no no - for me, it's when he remembers the little things like what kind of foods I like and what I'm allergic to. And the little surprises he gives me - like flowers and stuff."





Get a house maid, hire a driver, and they're supposed to remember those 'little' things (especially if an allergy is involved, hello?) And FYI, flowers wilt and die. 


And for the record, the answer "Oh when you know he's the one, you just know - you know?! I can't explain how but you just know ~" has always sounded like an utter bullshit to the ear. 


When you finally stop second guessing - that's how you know.


***

No comments: