Monday, September 7, 2009

Why oh why, the sims 3 ??

Seriously. Ever since The Sims (1) came out, I always, ALWAYS had trouble installing it. It's either the CD, or the crack, something just HAD to be wrong. Same goes with The Sims 2. I literally have like three different Sims 2 CDs lying around from different stores because I just couldn't get them to work.

And then, ladies and gents, today I installed The Sims 3.

I had to exchange the CDs TWICE because it said failure/error dics and when I finally, finally succeeded installing them (I even yelled with glee so loud that my mom jumped) it said....

"Unable to start game .Device 0 cannot run this title. Your video card does not appear to support at least Shader Model 2.Please upgrade your card."

I am on the verge of a pre-midlife crisis breakdown just because of this game, seriously. If EA had to pay me a penny everytime The Sims disappoints me, I'd be a friggin' millionaire by now. I googled it to find out what the heck Shader Model 2 was and was surprised to find that almost everyone on other side of the world also had the same problems. It's all over Yahoo! Answers, WikiAnswers, and forums. The solution is basically the same; buy a new VGA card.

New VGA my butt.

I must be the most pissed-off Simmer in the world right now. I only got til the end of September to lounge around, you know! I wanna spend my holiday Simming and DVD-ing and going out and reading books. From what I read, everyone's pretty pissed off as well because it said nothing about minimum requirements for VGA in the back of the CD package.

Huh.

I know this is my fault too for trusting the pirated CD games so much but come on; you'd do the same if you were me. Worse yet, I don't understand this whole IT/computer psychobabble so I don't freakin' know what to do. I hate not knowing what to do.

So I guess I'll have to break the piggy bank and spend about 5oo,000 on a new VGA card. :'(

My mood has officially gone down the drain.

No comments: