Friday, April 17, 2009

how white should a lie be?

That was not meant to be a racist question, by the way.
I was wondering; at what point do you think you can tell a lie without feeling guilty? I mean, of course lots of you never feel guilty when lying-it's for your own sake, so you don't think about other people's feelings. What's interesting is, we have something that we call a white lie. Which happens to be the kind of lie you can tell if it's for other people's sakes.
The question is, who said it's about other people? White lies, apparently, are allowed to do because you have to lie in order to protect the people you care about.
Okay let's check. Situation A. You have a bestfriend named Jane and you know her boyfriend, too, named Jack. One day, you see Jack cuddling up with a girl who is definitely not Jane. You've been best buddies with Jane since kindergarten, and when she said she's been having problems with Jack and asked you whether you knew anything, do you not tell her? I mean, really, is that what you call a white lie?
If you think that by telling her "no, i really don't see anything weird about jack" you are telling a white lie and therefore doing it for your best friend's sake, think twice. That only means you let her go on and live in a relationship like a stupid fool who doesn't know anything, and keep getting hurt by that scum Jack.
Anyway.
Really, I was just curious. I think, though, there are three kinds of people that you should never, ever lie to: lawyers, communication people, and moms.
I proudly claim that I do know when people lie. Haha. It's fun watching people squirm. Communications people will absolutely know when you're lying. Because we do study about deception theories, haha. We have to learn about lying in order to pass that class, for God's sake. Even if you think you've made perfect sense when you lie, we tend to see right through it. And as for lawyers, well, I don't think I can even stand straight if I have to see them face to face.
I wonder if people can go a month without a lie; not even the white ones.
Another thing I'm curious about: movie endings, especially fairytale ones. Don't get me wrong, I do like happy endings - hey, i'm not that bitter. But sometimes I wonder, who gets to make the decision to make that ending, you know? I mean, what if after Cinderella and the Prince get married, she goes back to scrubbing the floors instead of living happily ever after? Maybe even the Prince himself turns out to be a total jackass and gets fat because he drinks every night and cheats with Cinderella's stepsisters. I mean you know, the possibility is endless. Anyone care to make a sick, twisted version of Cinderella : The After-Tales? :D
By the way where did all my comments goooo ? :((( my friends said they couldn't post comments. Does blogger.com NOT know that my most favorite part of creating a blog is when I read comments? >:(

1 comment:

runi said...

ahaha, aku pernah bikin the twisted version of red riding hood lho nda... anyway, si komen, coba kamu cek settingannya di blogger. apa gak tulis surat lagi buat mas-mas haloscan... hehehe... ntar ya kalo lowong, aku cekin.